Friday, January 11, 2008

Notes

I had an awesome dream last night, or rather this morning, as the only reason I actually remember it is because I woke up in the middle of it.

From what I can remember, myself and 3 of my companions, 2 girls and 1 guy, though I don't remember who they were or anything about them, had stumbled onto the fact that through a series of hidden, transdimensional elevators, we could enter other worlds. The only part I remember clearly was when one of the elevator doors opened and we walked out into some sort of underground system of tunnels. The rock that formed the walls was reddish, and the tunnels were large, 20 feet high perhaps. They were well lit, though there were no lights. The elevator door opened out of a rock face at the top of a larger chamber, with a series of steps leading down to the chamber carved out of the red rock. The only thing in the chamber was a large, unfinished wooden table. It was slightly ornate, but nothing special.

We proceeded down the flight of stairs and saw that there was a nearly-complete puzzle on the table. It was obviously a puzzle of a map. From what I remember it looked similar to a map of the Earth, but there a lot of obvious differences. It was drawn in that old school style, kind of like a Lord of the Rings map of Middle Earth.



There were maybe only 1/6th of the pieces left to complete the puzzle, so we set to work. I think the idea was that once we completed the puzzle, we'd know what dimension, or world, we were in.

Before we completed the puzzle however, we heard two guards coming down one of the passageways leading to the chamber. I'm not sure how I knew they were guards, but I did. Sensing danger, I immediately told the rest of my companions to sprint back up to the elevator from which we had come. By this time I could see the forms of the guards coming at us rather quickly. I couldn't make out what they were though, they were nearly all black, dressed in black, and seemed to be consumed, or even created out of, a shadowy haze. They had spears and armor, but what was under that armor I couldn't really tell. They were certainly larger and more burly than I was, and I sure didn't have any weapons to confront them with anyways.

We rushed up the stairs and I shoved everyone into the elevator in front of me as the guards began to storm up the staircase at us, making no noise, but moving awfully quickly. I ducked into the door of the elevator as it began to close, just in the nick of time, the guards spears being only a few feet away from my back. At this point I collapsed on the elevator floor, and then I woke up.

I remembered later that at the top of the puzzle, was the title ErĂ¼d. I guess that was the name of the land pictured in the puzzle. I'm not sure if the elevator door disappeared into the rock face or what, but the guards didn't seem to be able to follow.

Its been a while since I remembered a dream so vividly. It seems like its got the making for some kind of fantasy novel.


A few other pointless, personal notes:

In the past 24 hours I have...
  • Finished a book (1776 by David McCullough)
  • Started a book (The Road by Cormac McCarthy)
  • Wrote the preceding stream of thought essay
  • Had a badass dream (see above)
  • Bested my personal Pacman high score. My new record is Level 12, 78130 points

No comments:

Post a Comment