Wednesday, March 10, 2010

News Flash: Bikes & Banks

Big news, important news... LOFTY news

Number 1: Finally! GoogleMaps has finally added directions for cycling. According to the NYT article published today, bike routes for 150 cities have been incorporated into their online software. Obviously the Bay Area is included in that count, so I checked it out. It seems to do the trick, and even highlights all the various bike trails in green. I'm happy.



Number 2: In advance of the new Fed rules that will go into effect this summer that would require bank customers to actually enroll in overdraft protection, rather than be automatically subject to it, Bank of America will be doing away with overdraft charges. Goodbye $38.00 cup of coffee.

Of course, I'm sure the folks that helped bring us the worst recession in a century and who, even worse, charge me an additional $2.00 on top of the fees I pay at non-BoA ATM's have some fancy scheme up their sleeve to make up for the billions they'll lose in overdraft fees. It probably involves trading derivatives or some other such manipulation of imaginary money that I can't possibly comprehend.

I should keep my cash in a shoebox.

No comments:

Post a Comment