Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stressed?


No Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina, you lie... Get your facts straight.

Thumbs up Obama, way to chide all of Congress in their own house, in prime time. Here's a few of my favorite lines, before things blow up in the media tomorrow and the debate quickly clouded again...

"I am not the first president to take up this cause, but I am determined to be the last!"

[Referring to people losing health care coverage] "That is heartbreaking, it is wrong, and no one should be treated that way in the United States of America."

"Our health care problem is our deficit problem... nothing else even comes close."

"The time for bickering is over, the time for games has passed. Now is the season for action. Now is when we must bring the best ideas of both parties together and show the American people that we can still do what we were sent here to do. Now is the time to deliver on health care!"

"But know this: I will not waste time with those who have made the calculation that it's better politics to kill this plan than to improve it. I won't stand by while the special interests use the same old tactics to keep things exactly the way they are. If you misrepresent what's in this plan, we will call you out. And I will not... And I will not accept the status quo as a solution. Not this time; not now."

See the full text of Obama's speech...


**Sidenote: Prime time on the West Coast is strange, watching that speech at 5pm... Not looking forward to NFL games at 10am.

1 comment:

  1. I comment on sidenotes. Football at 10 is perfect. Beer eggs and pigskin. You'll enjoy it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete