Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chips & Whiskey Do Not a Dinner Make

But they'll do in a pinch...

While we're on the topic, if you've ever considered a career in diplomacy and don't feel like taking the Foreign Service exam, read this.

I introduced former Secretary of Labor (and current public policy professor) Robert Reich to a moderate sized crowd of people tonight. Ignoring that I almost called the Dean of Public Health by his first name as I took the stage and only occasionally glanced at the audience as I read my pre-formed dribble, I think I did ok. I hate public speaking.

If you're not familiar with Reich's work, this video just about sums it up...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your introduction was amazing... you're one of the best writers I know. Give yourself some credit!

    ReplyDelete