Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Working Undercover for the Man: Part 1

I've arrived. Everything has proceeded smoothly thus far. There was a slight hangup at SF International Airport when they had to reassign all the seats on our flight, but those savvy pilots made up for lost time in the air and I arrived here in Atlanta right on time... East Coast Time. Please blame any obvious delirium contained in this report on the three hours stolen from my psyche, hours I was depending on... but that I must carry on without.

This is my first covert assignment. I am posing as as adult, employed as a public health professional, and attending the 2010 Public Health Preparedness Summit. So far, I must admit, being an adult does seem to have its perks... your flight is booked and paid for by other people, at departure times of your choosing, you can take a cab to your hotel without worrying how much cheaper public transportation would have been and best of all, you get to sleep in the space station where they're holding the conference. Yes, space station...




If that is not space station-esque, I don't know what is. The Atlanta Marriott Marquis looks like a swanky alien palace from Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think I saw Commander Riker in the elevator tonight. Time has treated him well.

Anyways, do not fear... the lavish temptations of adulthood, as you well know, do not suit me particularly well. I see this brief mission as a chance to not only complete our objectives, but to hone my skills, as I realize this is not the last undercover mission this campaign will ask me to undertake.

For tonight, I leave you with photos of my quarters aboard Space Ship Hotlanta and one of my several disguises I'll be using while on mission. I will file my next report tomorrow.






2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure... is that?... Yes! It's a Kelly Green jersey on the bed! Maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, its actually UPA Coaching Corps shorts... you are correct that its ultimate gear.

    ReplyDelete