Thursday, February 25, 2010

This is Going to Revolutionize My Laziness

Hi Blog,

I got a new computer yesterday. Well, its 4 months used, but its new to me. Ebay saves you lots of money. Its a 13" MacBook Pro, its got more memory, battery life, processing power, etc, etc than my PowerBook G4 (you served me well). But none of that is important, what is important is this small, cheap little device that the seller included with my purchase...



This is the Apple Remote, and it is neither new, nor improved. It retails for $19 and it is extraordinarily simplistic in its design. Despite its modest appearance, its function is without a doubt phenomenal.

Like many of you, I enjoy lying in bed, surrounded by the warmth and comfort that said bed provides. In fact, I probably enjoy it more than you, because my bed is unnecessarily enormous (its a California King, appropriate no?). Nothing upsets me more than having to drag myself out of bed to turn off the repetitive music on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVD title screens at 3am once I've passed out after selecting 'Play All'. Sometimes I even fail to set the volume to a proper level and have to get out of bed to adjust it! Its horrible.

Well all that is in the past. The Apple Remote can handle all my media needs from the comfort of my oversized bed. This little device is going to revolutionize my laziness.

P.S.

Interestingly enough (or not), when you search 'California King' on Wikipedia, it automatically directs you to the generic entry for 'Bed'. It starts off with the history of beds...

"Early beds were little more than piles of straw or some other natural material. An important change was raising them off the ground, to avoid draughts, dirt, and pests..."

Props to whoever thought of that one, I'd hate to be down there among the dirt and pests.

1 comment: