Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Results Are In!

Dear Faithful Readership,



I was impressed to find out that you actually exist (nice to meet you). By putting that little poll on my blog, I figured I was setting myself up for a winning 'next blog topic' based on whatever I put my one vote towards. Well, apparently 11 other people actually managed to read this at least once and vote on what my next topic should be... I must say I have no idea who you are. Well, I know who maybe 4 of you are (hi Charles!). Regardless, thank you for your valuable time.



Winning Topic: Those Aren't Funny, Write About Beer



I'm glad enough of you voted in such a manner that I don't actually have to write anything about public health, because public health is the worst. But, since I'm a strong believer in the whole 'will of the majority with respect to the minority' concept (hooray Constitution), I'll indulge the nerds that threw some votes to two of the other topics I presented. This will also be an exercise in presenting to you how horribly illiterate and braindead your children will be once all cogent thoughts are reduced to to Twitter updates and Facebook statuses. Thus I present to you, two Twitter essays...





Yes, H1N1 was a Pandemic

h1n1 a pandemic due 2 worldwide spread, high rate of infctn & change in disease demographics. Pandemic ≠ high death rate necessarily. OMG!



138 Characters





What I Learned at the Public Health Preparedness Summit


ATL not so great, LOL. Use grad students 4 CERT teams. Google Earth = open source GIS tool. Use cluster sampling for vax plan. Hotel nice.



139 Characters





Stayed tuned for my next post: Those Aren't Funny, Write About Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment