Monday, February 1, 2010

Shut It Down!

Goodbye Twitter... you were a mildly intriguing experiment for a couple weeks, and then a bland one that sat around for a couple months. I never took the time to understand what the '#' and 'RT' and '@' meant in all that twitter jargon, perhaps that knowledge is the key to an enjoyable night at home with that little blue bird. Alas, I apparently just don't have the insight that celebrities, mildly illiterate pro athletes, and desperate corporations have.



Sorry crying blue bird, it IS goodbye. You just weren't enough for me... 140 characters? I need a social media tool that can handle at least 190, I have needs dammit! And this 'Okay, fine delete my account button'? Why the attitude? Can't this be civil?

At least I still have Eduardo the Pig Blog.

Why did I delete my Twitter account? Well I initially created it so that I could just post lots of links from the hours of wasted time I spend reading the news online. I quickly became annoyed with having to log into yet another website for which I could never remember the password just to post links to news that no one else cares about. Also, Twitter is like blogging for lazy, illiterate people. And I'm pretty sure bloggers are already pretty lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment